Throwback Thursday makes us reminisce about good times from 5 years ago when gracious host Isabelle ,from a popular Swedish Travel TV show, came to Miami and got the Miamism special treatment. Miami by boat is a completely different experience, and the perspective of those amazing Miami Beach homes and waterfront mansions starts getting clear when you can enjoy them from the best location, the water!
To set the tone, the day was chilly (not by Isabelle’s standards) and when she finally jumped in the bay, we watched because the water was freezing! At one point she thought there were alligators in the bay and joked,
Let’s watch the Swedish girl swim in alligator infested waters.
The girl wearing the wet suit next to us should have given her a hint! (min 2:19) Enjoy views of Miami Beach, The Venetian Islands, South Beach, Monument Island and Star Island in the first 3:30 minutes of the clip – then Isabelle takes you to experience the rest of our amazing Miami lifestyle.
We extend a warm hello to our Swedish and European friends and thanks to Swedish TV for the warm Miami feature!
Miami under ytan
Miami är staden som andas sol, fest och sexighet, och som dessutom känns sådär lite lagom farlig. Isabelle Halling kolla in Miami Beach och förundras över hur alla slåss om uppmärksamheten: har man inte snyggast kropp ska man åtminstone ha snyggast bil. Hon åker båt bland öarna, utforskar designdistrikten och nattlivet, och försöker ta sig under ytan på Vice City. All information och fakta i reportaget härrör från den tidpunkt då inslaget sändes. Redaktionen har inte möjlighet att göra fortlöpande uppdateringar av materialet.
Miami Shores Homes – Real Estate Market Report
**see below for Miami Shores home sale information**
There are currently 72 Miami Shores homes for sale: (same as last month)
- Lowest priced listing is $240,000 (10290 N Miami Av)
- Pending Sales (Properties under contract): 33 (8 more than last month)
- Closed sales in February: 6 (7 less than last month)
The 6 Miami Shores homes sold in February were the following:
- 10204 NE 2 Av – listed for $275,000 and selling for $255,000 ($144/sq.ft.)
- 2 NW 108 St – handyman special listed for $284,900 and selling for $280,000 ($154/sq.ft.)
- 578 NE 93 St – foreclosure listed for $414,900 and selling for $410,000 ($173/sq.ft.)
- 196 NE 105 St – listed for $445,000 and selling for $385,000 ($160/sq.ft.)
- 10433 NE 6 Av – golf course home listed for $570,000 and selling for $555,000 ($300/sq.ft.)
- 68 NW 100 St – listed for $624,500 and selling for $575,000 ($209/sq.ft.)
In our 2013 Miami Shores Real Estate Market Report, we reported an average price per square foot of $215 for the whole year. The average price per square foot in February was $190 with the lowest sale at $144/sq.ft. for a charming home on a really busy street.
If you decide to list your home for sale, we recommend that you take a trip to Miami Shores City Hall to check if you have any open permits. We do this for our clients as a courtesy, to avoid last-minute problems prior to closing.
Featured Miami Shores Home For Sale
* 10166 NE 12 Av (pictured above)– Mid-century modern gem for sale in Miami Shores with 2,818 sq.ft. of living space and sitting on a large 12,220 sq.ft. lot. This house has been totally renovated by last owners with gourmet kitchen, limestone floors, swimming pool, etc. The only negative is location right on 12th Av – but it doesn’t take away that this house is amazing and it’s still “east of Biscayne Boulevard”. It’s a bit overpriced at $347/sq.ft. (And had sold in 2011 for $750,000 – see our JUST SOLD POSTCARD)
Listing price $979,000
Miami Shores Unity Day is tomorrow!
WHAT: Miami Shores Unity Day
WHEN: Saturday, March 1, 2014
WHERE: Miami Shores Recreation Fields (9825 Park Drive)
TIME: 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Activities will include car show, game trailer, rockwall, bungee tramp, touch a truck, laser tag, obstacle course, inflatables, and lots more. Buy your wristband now at community center for $10 or $12 at the door. Don’t forget Food and live music and tons of community spirit.
To make a National Geographic Top 10 list is no easy task and then to see Miami Beach sit amongst ridiculously gorgeous destinations like Nice, Honolulu and Rio de Janeiro is a dream come true for us locals. Yes, we always boast that we live where you vacation, but this just adds a little “umph” to that statement.
photo by Hendrik Holler, Photolibrary
Here’s what National Geographic has to say:
Separated from Miami by Biscayne Bay, Miami Beach is a barrier island and city unto itself fringed with nine miles (14 kilometers) of sandy Atlantic beaches, the red-hot center of which is South Beach. Once a seedy outpost, the 25 art deco-filled blocks known as SoBe has emerged as a stomping ground for the glitterati. Park your towel among the glamorous denizens at the southern tip of the beach.
Other famous Beach Cities on the list include Barcelona, Cape Town, Sydney and Tel Aviv. Thank you National Geographic for reinforcing the fact that Miami Beach is an amazing place to live and enjoy.
There are currently 31 Paramount Bay Condos for sale: (3 more than last month)
- Highest priced listing is unit PH4602 for $4,899,000 (4 bedrooms / 4.5 bathrooms)
- Lowest priced listing is loft unit 705 for $699,000 (1 bedrooms / 2 bathrooms)
- Pending Sales (properties under contract): 10 (4 more than last month)
- Closed sales in January: 2 (compared to 6 in December)
The 2 Paramount Bay Condos sold in January 2013 were the following:
- Unit 1805 – 2 bedroom / 2 bathroom 1,214 sq.ft. listed for $699,000 and selling for $699,000 ($576/sq.ft.)
- Unit 602 – 3 bedroom / 3.5 bathroom 2,353 sq.ft. listed for $1,595,000 and selling for $1,475,000 ($627/sq.ft.)
The average sold price per square foot in January of 2014 was $602 which is higher than 2013′s average of $596. As we said last month, we expect the average price per square foot to continue to increase gradually. Demand continues to grow in the Edgewater area of Miami and it’s believed to be Miami’s next “Trendy Place to Live.”
The Miamism Sales Team specializes in Paramount Bay and can represent you in the sale or purchase of a condo. Please contact us ParamountBay@Miamism.com. We prepare monthly market reports to keep you informed of sales stats at Paramount Bay.
What can you buy for under $1 Million at Paramount Bay Condo
Let me start off by saying that the photos for most of these properties are atrocious – but it gives you an idea of what you can buy at Paramount Bay for under $1 Million right now.
- unit 705 – 1 bedroom / 2 bathrooms – 1,214 sq.ft. listed for $699,000 ($576/sq.ft)
- unit 2405 – 2 bedrooms / 2 bathrooms – 1,147 sq.ft. listed for $745,000 ($650/sq.ft.)
- unit 1108 – 1 bedroom / 2 bathrooms – 1,128 sq.ft. listed for $759,000 ($673/sq.ft.)
- unit 2004 – 2 bedrooms / 2 bathrooms – 1,240 sq.ft. listed for $765,000 ($617/sq.ft.)
- unit 1809 – (no photos of interiors) 2 bedrooms / 2 bathrooms – 1,128 sq.ft. listed for $790,000 ($700/sq.ft.)
- unit 1708 – 1 bedroom / 2 bathrooms 1,128 sq.ft. – listed for $797,000 ($707/sq.ft.)
- unit 1709 – 1 bedroom / 2 bathrooms 1,128 sq.ft. – listed for $819,000 ($726/sq.ft.)
- unit 3308 – 2 bedrooms / 2 bathrooms 1,128 sq.ft. – listed for $940,000 ($833/sq.ft.)
- unit 1601 – 2 bedrooms / 2.5 bathrooms 1,751 sq.ft. – listed for $995,000 ($568/sq.ft.) <<BEST PURCHASE!!
For more information about this Miami condo building, take a look at Paramount Bay Condos written after my visit in September of 2012. You can also visit www.Paramount-Bay-Condos.com to go straight to source of information.
For further information, please email us at ParamountBay@miamism.com
Condo Name: Paramount Bay
Interior Design: Lenny Kravitz
Location: 2020 N Bayshore Dr – Miami, FL 33137