Miami Shores celebrates 80 years!
October marks the 80th anniversary of Miami Shores with all kinds of celebrations throughout the community. This weekend will be amazing, so mark your calendars!
Friday, October 12th at 7:00 PM
- Associate professor of history from Barry University and local Miami Shores historian Seth Bramson will give a conference called “What was Miami Shores and America like in 1932?” – LOCATION: McArthur Chapel at Miami Shores Presbyterian Church. COST: $5/person
Saturday, October 13th
- Miami Country Day School – WALK THE WALK to fight cancer! benefits go to Heidi Hewes Woman’s Cancer Association of The University of Miami – 8:00 AM
- Presbyterian Church annual pumpkin “unload” – 8:00 AM
- Happy Birthday Miami Shores events at Tropical Chevrolet with Dolphins Cheerleaders – 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
- STREET FAIR! between 4-8 PM on NE 2nd Avenue between 94th-99th Streets
- O Cinema at Miami Theater Center – “Blue Skies” with Bing Crosby and Fred Astaire at 7:00 PM (Tickets $10)
Sunday, October 14th
- Miami Shores Country Club – “Happy 80th Birthday Brunch” – 11:00 AM for $19.32/person with unlimited bloody mary’s and mimosas!
- Miami Shores Village People celebrate the Shores 80th at the home of Bill Jones (see above flyer) – 5:00 PM
Other Miamism Articles:
Do you want to buy or sell your Miami Condo or Home? Contact Ines Hegedus-Garcia for Team Miamism. We pride ourselves in top customer service and have become a go-to source for the media when it comes to Miami and Miami Beach real estate market knowledge. And we answer our phone!
Call Ines: 305-206-9366
© 2006 - 2013 Miamism™ - All Rights Reserved.