There were 53 Surfside homes sold in 2012 and 3 of those were waterfront. Out of the 50 Surfside homes sold on dry lots, 12% were distressed (short sales and foreclosures) –compared to 30% in 2011, 36% in 2010 and 45% in the last half of 2009. The average price per square foot increased to $233 from $193 in 2011, talk about a massive increase.
Surfside is one of the best recuperated real estate markets in South Florida with no distressed inventory and increasing prices as well as low inventory of homes for sale. There are no homes for sale under $200,000.
The 3 Surfside waterfront homes sold in 2012 were the following:
- 924 93 St – a 3,000 sf short sale with 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms, on a 12,000 sf lot, with 90? of water frontage. Listed for $560,000 and selling for $560,000.
- 8925 Bay Dr– a 3,250 sf home with 4 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms, on a 7,500 sf lot, with 50? of water frontage. Listed for $774,200 and selling for $760,710.
- 9416 Bay Dr – a 2,445 sf home with 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms, on a 9,100 sf lot, with 50? of water frontage. Listed for $1,495,000 and selling for $1,300,000.
I produced this graphic last year and decided to use it again to show densities in Surfside and why this urban plan makes it so desirable. In addition to the proximity to the ocean and the fact that it is a beach community, the city is small with condos only on the ocean side and single family homes on the rest of the area.
The 2 highest Surfside homes sold in 2012 on dry lots were the following:
- 9217 Bay Dr – 2,112 sf with 3 bedrooms and 3.5 bathrooms – listed for $649,900 and selling for $625,000.
- 8939 Abbott Av – 2,037 sf with 3 bedrooms and 2.5 bathrooms – listed for $630,000 and selling for $600,000
**Data obtained from SEF MLS**
Other Miamism Articles:
Do you want to buy or sell your Miami Condo or Home? Contact Ines Hegedus-Garcia for Team Miamism. We pride ourselves in top customer service and have become a go-to source for the media when it comes to Miami and Miami Beach real estate market knowledge. And we answer our phone!
Call Ines: 305-206-9366
© 2006 - 2013 Miamism™ - All Rights Reserved.