Florida Sales-Tax Holiday started today!! And yes it has its limitations but plenty of stores are offering additional sales to help out with back-to-school expenses. It ends on Sunday, August 4th. The Miami Herald spells out the limitations or click here for RULES:
• Clothing must cost less than $75 per item.
• School supplies must cost less than $15 per item.
• Computers and accessories must cost less than $750 per item.
• Items sold as a unit — such as a pair of shoes — cannot be split up to qualify for the tax exemption.
• Each item purchased must fall beneath the price limit. Buy-one, get-one and other discounted items cannot be averaged to qualify.
• Handbags, backpacks, diaper bags
• Binders, notebooks, pens
• Computers, tablets, keyboards, routers, printers, modems
• Non-recreational software
• Gift certificates used for payment
• Store coupons
• Layaway, provided the contract and deposit are made during the tax holiday
• Mail order and online purchases
• Gift certificates
• Suitcases/garment bags
• Sports gear
• Rental items
• Staplers, printing paper
• Video games and recreational software
• Digital cameras, televisions
• Purchase of gift certificate
• After-purchase rebates to qualify items
• Repairs or alterations
Returns and exchanges
• Exchanges for the same item in a different size or color after the tax holiday will not be taxed.
• Exchanges for different items after the tax holiday are taxable.
Please check out Miami On the Cheap for more info and tips.
Do you want to buy or sell your Miami Condo or Home? Contact Ines Hegedus-Garcia for Team Miamism. We pride ourselves in top customer service and have become a go-to source for the media when it comes to Miami and Miami Beach real estate market knowledge. And we answer our phone!
Call Ines: 305-206-9366
© 2006 - 2015 Miamism™ - All Rights Reserved.