Florida Sales-Tax Holiday started today!! And yes it has its limitations but plenty of stores are offering additional sales to help out with back-to-school expenses. It ends on Sunday, August 4th. The Miami Herald spells out the limitations or click here for RULES:
• Clothing must cost less than $75 per item.
• School supplies must cost less than $15 per item.
• Computers and accessories must cost less than $750 per item.
• Items sold as a unit — such as a pair of shoes — cannot be split up to qualify for the tax exemption.
• Each item purchased must fall beneath the price limit. Buy-one, get-one and other discounted items cannot be averaged to qualify.
• Handbags, backpacks, diaper bags
• Binders, notebooks, pens
• Computers, tablets, keyboards, routers, printers, modems
• Non-recreational software
• Gift certificates used for payment
• Store coupons
• Layaway, provided the contract and deposit are made during the tax holiday
• Mail order and online purchases
• Gift certificates
• Suitcases/garment bags
• Sports gear
• Rental items
• Staplers, printing paper
• Video games and recreational software
• Digital cameras, televisions
• Purchase of gift certificate
• After-purchase rebates to qualify items
• Repairs or alterations
Returns and exchanges
• Exchanges for the same item in a different size or color after the tax holiday will not be taxed.
• Exchanges for different items after the tax holiday are taxable.
Please check out Miami On the Cheap for more info and tips.
Other Miamism Articles:
Do you want to buy or sell your Miami Condo or Home? Contact Ines Hegedus-Garcia for Team Miamism. We pride ourselves in top customer service and have become a go-to source for the media when it comes to Miami and Miami Beach real estate market knowledge. And we answer our phone!
Call Ines: 305-206-9366
© 2006 - 2013 Miamism™ - All Rights Reserved.