The 2019 Disaster Preparedness Sales Tax Holiday began on Friday, May 31, 2019, and ends on Thursday, June 6, 2019.
During this sales tax holiday period, qualifying items related to disaster preparedness are exempt from sales tax.
Qualifying Items include the following:
- Selling for $10 or less: Reusable ice (reusable ice packs)
- Selling for $20 or less: Any portable self-powered light source (powered by battery, solar, hand-crank, or gas):
- Selling for $25 or less: Any gas or diesel fuel container, including LP gas and kerosene containers
- Selling for $30 or less:
- Batteries, including rechargeable batteries, listed sizes only (excluding automobile and boat batteries):
- 9-volt Coolers and ice chests (food-storage; nonelectrical)
- Selling for $50 or less:
- Bungee cords
- Ground anchor systems
- Radios (powered by battery, solar, or handcrank)
- Ratchet straps
- Tarpaulins (tarps)
- Tie-down kits
- Visqueen, plastic sheeting, plastic drop cloths, and other flexible waterproof sheeting
- Selling for $750 or less: Portable generators used to provide light or communications, or to preserve food in the event of a power outage
Note: Eligible light sources and radios qualify for the exemption even if electrical cords are also included
For additional information and instructions, please click HERE.
For forms and other information, visit the Department’s website at floridarevenue.com or call Taxpayer Services at 850-488-6800, Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).