**UPDATE** We have been told by the event organizers that the total amount raised for Common Threads at the event was $42,000 !! CONGRATULATIONS to everyone involved! Definitely a successful event for a great cause.
The Third Annual World Festival, with some of Miami's top chefs is this coming Tuesday, October 2nd in Miami's Design District.
A Fundraiser for non-profit organization Common Threads which teaches low-income children to cook wholesome and affordable meals through hands-on cooking classes. the organization is dedicated to preventing childhood obesity.
The evening will feature top local chefs from restaurants across Miami. Guests will sample delicious cuisine. Cocktails courtesy of Southern Wine and Spirits as well as tastings courtesy of Miami Culinary Institute will kick off the evening. There will also be a Silent and Live Auction featuring luxurious items from sponsors.
Join Common Threads Team, Executive Chef Michelle Bernstein and over 20 top chefs from restaurants across Miami:
- Biltmore – Rolando Cruz-Taura
- Blue Collar – Daniel Serfer
- Bourbon Steak – Gabe Fenton
- Essensia – Julie Frans
- My Ceviche – Sam Gorenstein
- Ortanique – Cindy Hutson
- The Federal Food Drink and Provisions – Cesar Zapata
- 1500 Degrees – Paula DaSilva
- Area 31 – Michael Reidt
- Bianca at the Delano – Executive Chef Jordan Hoffman
- Chef Adrianne’s Vineyard Restaurant and Wine Bar – Chef Adrianne Calvo
- Crumb on Parchment – Michelle Bernstein
- Db Bistro Moderne Miami – Chef Matthieu Godard
- Edge Steak and Bar – Aaron Brooks
- La Gloutonnerie Vintage Kitchen – Christian Testa
- Lantao Kitchen and Cocktails – Ferdinand Ortiz Jr.
- The Dining Room at Little Palm Island – Alex Rosado
- The Dining Room at Little Palm Island – Luis Pous
- Makoto – Makoto Okuwa
- Meat Market – Chef Sean Brasel
- Michy’s – Jason Schaan
- Misha’s Cupcakes – Misha Kuryla-Gomez
- Real Sorbet – Nick Mencia
- The Dutch – Conor Hanlon
- The Local Craft Food and Drink – Vince Tien
- Lido Restaurant at The Standard Spa – Chef Mark Zeitouni
- STK – Chef Aaron Taylor
- Tudor House Restaurant – Executive Chef Jamie DeRosa
- HaVen Gastro-Lounge – Todd Erickson
Tuesday, October 2, 2012
7:30 PM - 10:30 PM
The Moore Building in Miami's Design District - 4040 NE 2nd Ave - Miami, FL 33137
Event tickets are $150/person - For additional information on Common Threads, or to purchase tickets for this year’s World Festival, visit www.commonthreads.org.
Small vignette from Chef Alex Rosado from The Dining Room at Little Island in The Keys - he tells us about his Foie Gras Toast and our mouth waters before we even taste it.