There are currently 19 Surfside homes for sale: (2 less than last month)
- Highest priced listing: $6,900,000 (waterfront contemporary estate at 1236 Biscaya Dr)
- Lowest priced listing: $469,000 for a 3 bedroom / 2 bathroom home at 8753 Abbott Ave.
- Pending Sales: 8 (1 less than last month)
- Closed sales in October: 6 (same as last month)
The 6 Surfside homes sold in October were the following:
- 8900 Abbott Av - originally listed in July 2014 for $599,000 and selling for $540,000 ($311/sq.ft.)
- 9348 Abbott Av - originally listed in June 2014 for $590,000 and selling for $560,000 ($279/sq.ft.)
- 908 Surfside Bl - originally listed in April 2014 for $505,000 and selling for $460,000 ($321/sq.ft.)
- 8712 Byron Av - originally listed in April 2014 for $439,000 then increased to $499,000 and sold for $325,000 ($191/sq.ft.)
- 9273 Emerson Av - short sale originally listed in July 2014 for $475,000 and selling above listing for $500,000 ($214/sq.ft.)
- 9040 Abbott Av - foreclosure with a couple of fallen contracts, originally listed for $510,000 and selling for $455,919 ($258/sq.ft.)
The average selling price per square foot for Surfside homes in October came in low at $262 because of 2 distressed sales. Although the distressed inventory is non-existent, there are always some stragglers that end up skewing the numbers. The average selling price in September was $300, in August was $328 but the year to date average is $305 compared to 2013's average of $270.
Although I like to provide monthly stats, the logical numbers come in when you use stats that go back 6 months to 1 year. The inventory in Surfside continues to be low with high demand, in addition to hot condo projects like Fendi Chateau and The Four Seasons by Richard Meier.
We are Surfside REALTORS, ready to list and market your property! Call us for a listing appointment. We are now also providing these quick services to help with your real estate needs – your email address will be necessary to get the reports. And always keep in mind that these are automated and should only give you a ballpark figure.
To sell or buy your Surfside home, please contact us at Surfside@miamism.com
COMING SOON!! Take a look at this gorgeous Surfside corner home with 3 bedrooms + den, 3 bathrooms, marble floors, impact windows, new roof and plenty of room for pool. It will be priced at $740,000 – call us for more information.